Our Los Altos Kindergarten program equips the students with the skills necessary to achieve success spiritually, academically and socially. We are a private school that provides so much more than just an academically challenging kindergarten environment. Key components of the kindergarten program include:
- High academic standards in a loving, Christian environment
- Small class sizes
- Exceptional teachers who are loving and caring, yet command respect and attention
- A return to Biblical principles, which provides a good moral compass
- An engaging school environment
- Specialized teachers for Spanish, Art, Computers, PE, STEAM, and Music
- The Friendship Fixer & Problem Solving Wheel promote harmony among the kindergarten class
Focus on Student Development
The program provides many learning experiences that help students develop skill sets in many areas while aspiring toward Christ-like behavior. The kindergarten program ensures students acquire:
- The building blocks of literacy
- An understanding of numerical patterns and relationships through hands-on activities
- Science and Social Studies knowledge; higher vocabulary levels and problem solving skills
- Dance, art, and music appreciation designed to inspire vivid imaginations
- Caring and responsible behavior that impacts all areas of life
All students admitted to the program are required to participate in the Gesell screening prior to acceptance. All screenings are administered by our Assistant Head of Schools. Kindergarten candidates must be 5 by September 1.
The Kindergarten program at LACS runs a full day from 8:30am-2:00pm so that our students can have the benefit of a full curriculum, as well as attend Computers, Art, Music, PE, STEAM and Spanish which makes our program well-rounded and fun.
We offer Kinder Daycare from 2:00-3:00pm, as well as Extended Day Care from 3:00-6:00pm. Several after school programs are also available throughout the year such as Chess Club, Science Explorers, Music lessons and Art classes.
All students admitted to the program are required to participate in the Gesell screening prior to acceptance. All screenings are administered by our Director of Learning and Instruction. Kindergarten candidates must be 5 by September 1 of the year of entry. Please call 650-948-3738 to schedule your child’s Gesell screening.