LACS is in session, in-person and online
This is custom heading element
Santa Clara County: COVID-19 Resources
COVID-19 Distance Learning Update (July 17th)
LACS has returned to full-time, on-campus instruction. A HyFlex option is available for those students who are at high-risk or for those families who do not feel comfortable sending their student(s) to school. These families can choose distance learning through live synchronous instruction with their teachers. Cameras are placed in classrooms for live lesson capturing.
Key Considerations for Reopening
- Students are kept in stable cohorts as much as possible.
- Middle and high school teachers rotate between classes.
- Daily health screenings and temperature checks.
- Campus visitors are limited.
- All staff and students 3rd grade and older are required to wear masks, except those with special needs who are unable to tolerate a face covering.
- Students younger than 3rd grade are required to wear masks during drop-off, pick-up, and any time they are outside their classroom, except during PE or recess.
- Social distancing guidelines are followed as much as possible.
- Scheduled hand washing and cleaning throughout the school day.
If you have any questions or would like to request a copy of our Reopening Roadmap, feel free to reach out to Lizette Hibbert, Assistant Head of Schools at Lizette.Hibbert@lacs.com.
Distance Learning at LACS
I want to thank you for the photos, words of encouragement, and helpful feedback. Your positive responses have affirmed the truly amazing work our Junior Kindergarten through tenth-grade faculty have been doing to translate their teaching expertise into effective distance learning. We appreciate you as well for doing your best to carve out space and time in your work and home life to support your child’s learning.
Head of Schools
LACS' Virtual Extra-Curricular Experiences
Distance Learning Q&A
Previous Covid 19 Communications
QUESTIONS ABOUT distance learning?
“LACS has really risen to the occasion in our current circumstances. Our family is truly blessed to be part of this community.”
“LACS’ straightforward, sensible program is far superior in net learning to others I’ve been observing during this time. The fact that students are getting daily live instruction, along with supplemental instructional videos (at least on Seesaw), all while following a “schedule” from Day 1, has been very helpful and productive.”
“First off, I hope you and your families are all doing well and staying healthy. I wanted to take a moment to commend you both on the impressive job LACS is doing in maintaining continuity of learning in these unprecedented times.”
“Thank you for all the effort LACS staff puts into this. Feel our kids are not missing a beat with school, and that is very much appreciated!!!!”