Christian Philosophy of Education
A Christian school is an extension of the Christian home in training students for time and eternity in a Christian environment and LACS seeks to partner with both churched and unchurched families to fulfill the Great Commission.
The Christian philosophy of education has its foundation in the revelation of God in nature, in the Holy Scripture of the Old and New Testaments, and in the person of Jesus Christ, who is Truth. The Christian standard is the Word of God, and is absolute because its Author is an absolute God. Because of this absolute authority, the Christian educator is committed to God’s Word, the Bible, as the source for the principles of education.
With this foremost in our minds, we therefore are dedicated to the purpose of preparing students academically, emotionally, and spiritually to be truly effective citizens of God and country.
To that end, the following educational objectives result from this philosophy.
- To lead students into a personal, saving relationship with Christ as Lord and Savior
- To develop a desire in each student to know and to do the will of God
- To teach the students consistent daily Christian living and encourage service towards others
- To provide for the students an excellent role model in the person of their teacher
- To develop in the student a Biblical sense of right and wrong
- To foster self-discipline in the student based on respect for and reverence toward God and all authority
- To build in the students a God-consciousness and consistent Christian philosophy of life
- To promote high academic standards and help students gain a thorough comprehension and command of the fundamentals processes used in communicating with others
- To teach and encourage the formation of good study habits
- To teach the students how to do research and to use the scientific method
- To develop creative and critical thinking and the proper use of Biblical criteria for evaluation
- To promote good citizenship through developing an understanding and appreciation of our Christian and American heritage of freedom and human dignity
- To impart knowledge of the world and current affairs in all fields, and relate them to God’s plan for men