Learning Support Program (LSP)
Mission: LACS equips students by providing a challenging academic environment through caring and rigorous instruction. The curriculum encourages innovative and critical thinking, strong communication skills, and effective skill to real-life application. LACS actively promotes knowledge and understanding of God’s love through His Son, Jesus Christ, which will transform all aspects of the student’s life and character. Social-emotional learning is incorporated in all areas of student life. LACS nurtures a community of diverse learners where students, parents, and faculty support each other and positively influence the world around them.
LACS Learning Support Program (Grades 1-12):
- Small self-contained classes (aide support in grades 1-5).
- Grade level instruction using multi-sensory methods such as Wilson, Orton Gillingham, Step-Up-to-Writing, Making Math Real and others.
- Grades 1-5: Core subjects are taught in self contained classes, while neurotypical and neurodiverse learners learn together in co-curricular classes.
- Grades 6-8: Math placement based on ability, small group English instruction.
- Grades 9-12: Small group customized instruction
- STEAM Lab
- Computer Lab
- Physical Education
- Special Interest Classes
- Worship Band
Our programs are designed for students who are neurotypical and for those students who are experiencing academic difficulty due to language-based learning disabilities such as:
- Auditory processing disorder
- Attention deficit disorder combined presentation (ADD/ADHD)
- Sensory processing disorder
- Executive function challenges
Our goal is to help all students experience increasing growth, confidence and joy in learning.