“LACS high school has done a fabulous job preparing our son for college. The small class sizes and the dedicated teachers/staff have helped him grow in confidence and experience academic success despite his learning difference. LACS is a place that enables learning and serving for students of all background while helping them thrive as teenagers.”
“My son benefits from the close attention from teachers thanks to the small class size, as well as the opportunities to participate in extracurricular activities such as sports and community services. We are very satisfied that LACS has provided a safe learning environment for him to grow.”
My son has been attending Los Altos Christian School (LACS) since he was in the sixth grade. One of the main differences between LACS and other high schools in the area is that LACS offers the LD (Learning Difference) options for those who need it. LACS is a small school so that students who prefer small school settings will feel welcome at this school, whereas big schools may not offer such environment.
My son has been attending Los Altos Christian School since he was in the sixth grade. He’s now in the 11th grade in the inaugural class of its High School program. It is a great program at an excellent school. I wish more people knew about the potential opportunities that this program can offer their children in the future. It provides an excellent quality education in a small private school setting. Teachers are compassionate and caring and give extra help when needed. It provides accommodations for students with learning differences. I highly recommend it!
Los Altos Christian High School (LACS) is to enrich and empower students to reach their spiritual, educational and social potential through an exemplary school programs founded on core principles, training, assessment, and research.
- Provide opportunities for our students to experience success.
- Use multiple modalities to teach.
- Use micro-units and structured tasks for every student.
- Ensure automation through practice and review.
- Provide models for our students to use as a guide.
- Include our students in the learning process
Our unique, individualized approach ensures that we achieve our mission.
- Customized track for every student
- Each student is assigned a supportive and engaged Academic Advisor
- Research-based methods and programs
- Rigorous yet unhurried predatory college-curriculum
- Well rounded athletics, extra-curricular, and after school activities
- Wide range of community service opportunities
- Trained faculty which specializes in educating students with Specific Learning Disabilities (SLD)
- Experiential Hands on Learning
- Collaborative Project Based Learning
Teacher Training -mentorship
Our teaching principles and practices are based on nearly 38 years of front-line experience, and our practical, classroom-tested methods are influenced by the latest research on human intelligence, cognitive development. Our teachers receive specialized hands-on training when they arrive at LACS and they continue their education through in-service training and our Teacher-Mentoring Program.