Sunghee, LACS KINDERGARTEN PARENT
The Kindergarten teachers are loving and cheerful, and really know how to get the best out of the children. I’ve never seen them raise their voice, and yet the kids listen to them very well. Academics are strong, and you get feedback often. I feel truly blessed to have my daughter in a class with so much love.
|Subject Area||LACS Graduation Requirements||CSU/UC "a-g' course Subject Area Requirements|
|*Bible||30 Credits=3 years||N/A|
|Physical Education||20 Credits=2 years||N/A|
|Social Studies/History||30 Credits=3 years||"a"-2 years|
|English||40 Credits=4 years||"b"-4 years|
|Math||40 Credits=4 years||"c"-3 years (Through Algebra 2)|
|Science||40 Credits=4 years||"d"-2 years (two years with lab chosen from biology, chemistry and physics)|
|Foreign language||20 Credits=2 years(same language, 3 years recommend-ed)||"e"-2 years(same language)|
|Visual & Performing Arts||10||"f"-1 year|
- Bible is required for each semester of attendance at LACS High School. Required Bible credits are waived for any semester that the student does not attend LACS. These credits may then added to the required elective credits.
- Yearlong Classes are 10 credits
- Semester-long classes are 5 credits
- Of the 150 credits required for UC eligibility, 70 credits must be taken in the last two years of high school. In order to qualify for UC eligibility, students must have a C or higher in all required courses.
- Pre-Algebra will not be awarded high school credit. Completion of math sequence through Algebra 2 is required to be college preparatory.
COMMUNITY SERVICE GUIDELINES
Students must complete at least 50 hours of LACS approved community service during their 4 year high school career as part of their graduation requirement. Students will complete a minimum of 10 hours each year in the 9th and 10th grades and 15 hours each year in the 11th and 12th grades.